Ways to Give

There are many ways you can support the work of Victoria Women’s Transition House:

  • ONLINE Access our Donation Form here. It’s quick, easy and secure
  • BY PHONE Please call 250-592-2927 and speak to our receptionist
  • BY MAIL Print and fill out our Donation form here and mail to: Victoria Women’s Transition House, #100-3060 Cedar Hill Road, Victoria, BC V8T 3J5

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express as well as cheques by mail and cheques and cash in person.

Stocks & Securities

Your gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, flow-through shares or stock options provides you with a tax benefit and can be a significant source of support for VWTH.
By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax that becomes payable if you were to sell the appreciated securities on the market and Transition House benefits from the proceeds of that sale.

How to make a gift of stocks or securities:

  1. Determine with your financial advisor which investments make the most philanthropic and financial impact.
  2. Contact us and let us know that you have made your gift.
  3. Instruct your broker to transfer your securities directly to Victoria Women’s Transition House Society and complete the appropriate transfer form.

Download the Gifts of Securities Transfer Form

For more information and to advise VWTH of your gift, please contact our Development and Communications Director, 250-592-2927 ext 210 or susanh@vwth.bc.ca

Employer Matched Funds

Many companies match donations made by employees to eligible charitable organizations with their own gifts. You can easily double the impact of your support with the help of your employer.

To find out if your company will match your donation to VWTH, please contact your company’s HR or community giving department.