What is Abuse?
When is it Abuse?
I’m not scared anymore
Before I could not even say what I wanted. I was always in fear. Now I’m free.
Abuse affects women throughout our community, women with or without children, women who have been in short-term or long-term relationships and women of any age.
Abuse comes in many guises and leaves deep marks, whether physical, emotional or sexual. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
- Emotional abuse such as criticisms and put-downs
- Physical violence such as pushing and hitting
- Sexual violence, such as unwanted sex
- Threats against the woman and/or her children
- Financial control
- Controlling or isolating the woman by not letting her see friends or family
- Destroying property or harming pets
Transition House will provide information and education so you can make safe decisions.