Host an Event
Did you know that almost $180,000 or about 1/5 of our annual fundraising goal is raised through events that are hosted by local clubs, organizations and groups of friends?
Fundraising events, from golf tournaments to cupcake sales, can be a fun, collaborative way to make a difference in the lives of women and children in our community.
We are incredibly grateful to anyone who expresses interest in hosting an event.
Some of the ways you can support us might include:
- a musical or performance event where part proceeds of ticket sales go toward VWTH
- a percentage of the sales at your business or booth
- hosting a live or silent auction which raises funds for VWTH programs
- a bake sale or garage sale
- hosting a dinner or a party where items on our wish list are collected
- donate funds instead of having an office party
IMPORTANT – To conduct a fundraising event to benefit the Victoria Women’s Transition House Society, we ask that an Event Proposal be completed and submitted to us for acceptance before any work on the event or campaign begins. This allows us to be aware of your plans and to know how best we can assist you.
Upon receipt of this form, our Resource Development team will review your proposal and be in contact with you to learn more about your event and how we can be involved. If you have any questions about hosting an event to benefit Victoria Women’s Transition House, please contact Emily Cabrera at 250-592-2927 ext 213.