Vision and Mission
A community free of relationship violence and abuse.
Victoria Women’s Transition House Society, working collaboratively, provides shelter, support, counselling and education to women of all ages, with or without children, so that they can live free from the effects of abuse in intimate relationships. The Society strives to prevent and eliminate abuse through education, advocacy and partnerships.
- Each woman has the right to choose the direction of her life according to her own values and needs
- Each woman and child has the right to a safe, respectful environment
- Each woman and child has the right to confidential services
As a Society:
- We value diversity and promote acceptance and inclusion
- We value the unique contributions to the Society by Board members, staff, volunteers, clients, funders, donors, and community partners
- Our work is carried out from a feminist perspective
- We are accountable and fiscally responsible
- We are non-partisan
 We define “abuse” to include physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, verbal, and financial abuse.
 Violence and Abuse in intimate relationships must be understood in the context of broader societal issues of equality and empowerment of women.
 Within the limitations of the law.
 Feminism is a way of being, thinking and living in the world, where the aim is to achieve gender equality in every aspect of life such as social, political, economic, religious and cultural. (Definition adapted from: Feminist Issues, Fourth Edition.) See Appendix A for a more complete description of approaches to feminist perspectives for our Society.